Friday, January 18, 2008

Last Blog

1. I think that some strengths to a personal essay are that they give you an idea of the person from just one sequence in their lives. It gives you an insight to different feelings felt and that time and maybe even how it still effects them or how it effected them at that time. Weaknesses would be that there are too many rules, so it was hard to get it just right. I felt like I couldn't grasp the whole concept. It depends on what you are writing, sometimes writing a personal essay can be easier because it is real, and then other times it can be harder because you are trying to convey a certain feeling. I think that it was harder than I thought. Many would think that writing something that's real would be easy, but it was almost the opposite. I would consider writing another but maybe not so much.

2. I think reading different things helps to expand ones writing style and ability overall. I don't see reading as something that is necessary for being a great writer, especially when writing fiction. But, I do see reading as a tool to develop a whole new world of writing to someone. I think getting to read different books can help your imagination become greater and ultimately take to another place. Once reading something that can put you in another world, it could be easier to write like this and make your readers do the same. It is important to read because it not only helps you expand your styles of writing, but it can also help you to develop a stronger vocabulary.

3. I think the poem I wrote that was titled "Look at the Stars". It was a meaningful poem because it was about a friend of mine that had passed away. My favorite genre was poetry because it had a lot of different styles, including free verse. It was easy to do and easy to get inspiration for. I think the greatest challenge for me was writing the play because I hadn't ever done that before. The different rules of spacing and capitlization took a lot of effort as well as making sure it could be acted out. I think the short stories were ones I didn't care for because they were less interesting. I think I will continue to blog or even create my own someday. I also think that it helped me to develop an eye for different styles which will help me in Windigo as a writer.

4.Quiz

Coke or Pepsi: cocaine
Li'l Wayne or Little Debbie: Lil' Wayne
McDonald's or Arby's: Arby's
Chiptole or Taco Bell: neither
American Idol or MTV: MTV
Buffalo Wings or Florida: Florida
New York City or Los Angeles: LA
Name you like for your future daughter: Grace
Name you like for your future son: True Goliath
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: Europe
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: Little Mermaid

5. no

4 comments:

David R said...

I can't believe that blogging season is over. So many great memories!!!!!!

Katie said...

You and david have alot in common. you both like cocaine and you both don't like chipotle (crazy)!

Dreese said...

You have made me what I am today. I came into this class room at a below average blogger. But after your insightful comments, I like to think that I’m at least mediocre now. Thank you. Tear.

True said...

wow, this was fun. we should still hang out and talk if we see each other in the hallway, though...