Thursday, November 1, 2007

Assignment 7

1. What I enjoyed writing most this quarter was poetry. I think it was an opportunity to expand my knowledge on the different kinds of poetry, as well as being able to experiment with these different types. I really liked the metaphor poems because you could extend the metaphor into a poem form, or even use a bunch of different metaphors. I think I enjoyed it most because with poetry, you can write about anything and also because there are so many styles of poetry, you can't go wrong.

2. I would say poetry would be my strongest area of writing this quarter because not only did I enjoy it, but I did well on my poems as well. My favorite poem I wrote was titled, "Look at the Stars". This poem was inspired by the song "Yellow" by Coldplay. I think that poetry is my best because I get inspired from a lot of different things. I write poetry outside of creative writing, and I think that it's why I feel so confident in the subject.

3. This quarter, I learned that I really don't like structure in writing. I really enjoy doing whatever because it's easier to come up with ideas and go outside the box. I think that I'm very self motivated in that I don't need someone pushing me or nagging me to do an assignment.

4. A topic of writing I would most enjoy would be writing a memoir. I think that they are personal which can make them easier to write. I also think it's a good way to express something about yourself. Another area I would enjoy writing in would be plays. I think that we should get together with our writing groups and write a play, and then share them by acting parts out. This would be a fun and creative way to share ideas with our group members.

1 comment:

David R said...

I agree with you 100% about poetry. The metaphors are a cool way to write a poem.