Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Autobiography

My name is Grace and this is my creative writing blog. Creative writing is a class for those who like to write, it is a class where you can open up to a notebook and just fill the pages with random thoughts and stories.
Some of my interests in writing are mostly real events, or past memories. I like to write poems on things that have happend or how these past events have affected me. Other types of writing I enjoy doing are short stories, either expressing my emotions towards one specific event, or even writing about a significant day in my life. I also really like writing about made up things; I think creating an imaginary world or inventing different events that would happen is fun and entertaining. I'm really looking forward to the next four months because I'd like to expand my knowledge on different types of writing and open my mind to new ideas.
I really enjoy poets such as Robert Frost and Emily Dickinson. Both of these poets are completly different, although they each have this deeper meaning that can't be found by just reading the poem once. Robert Frost has a lot of description in his, he pulls you into this world and makes you find your own way out, your own meaning. Emily Dickinson is very hard to understand, and I like that because you can get what you want out of it. I also really enoy reading Jodi Picoult, her writing is very relatable and she touches on topics most significant writers stray away from.

One of my favorite songs is "Stay or Leave" by Dave Mathews because it reminds me of summer. It's a very relaxing song so it immediately draws you in. Dave continues to state the phrase 'stay or leave' to emphasize the meaning in the words, making it a main focus in the song. He also includes examples of memories which is very relatable.

2 comments:

True said...

your writing is as graceful as the sunset

NAT said...

eck- studly blog you got goin there :) BEAutiful sunset! loveeee you
-nat