Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hand in Hand, Step by Step
It was kind of cold,
but we didn't care
We decided to go into the lake
And wash our hair

In the closet, on a rack
Hanging like superhero uniforms,
Were two wet suits with our names on the back
You zipped mine and I zipped yours
As our barefeet scampered through the screen doors

Step after step you held my hand,
And my heart, as we walked to the sand
Two peas in a pod, that was you and that was me
Unconditionally loving, is what others would see
To you, I was your side-kick; your partner in crime
And all I saw, was that you were mine

My heart pounding, you didn't look scared
You reached for my hand, and I knew that you cared
With the wooden dock creaking beneath us,
Lunge after lunge
We raised up our arms and took the plunge
My heart racing, you poured the shampoo,
Bubbles all over, it was me and it was you

The memories we had, if only they knew
The world saw us loving, but it was
Always just me, and always just you

Remembering the Rain
Outside it's raining, puddles everywhere
Just another rainy day, but I don't care
As I look up, I see lightning flash
Then just seconds later, thunder makes a loud crash
I look out at the lake, used to be so still
Now rain drops are falling hard at their own will
I can feel the mist from the wind that blows
The rain gently tickles my feet, as if it knows
I take one more glance
This is my chance
I take a step as the rain falls on my face
Perfectly dropping, the rain full of grace
I spin in circles to get every inch wet
Not doing this sooner, is something I regret
I look up at the sky as a rainbow appears
The sun pokes through the clouds, my vision now clear
I notice the beauty of everything wet
Just another rainy day, one that I'll never forget

1 comment:

David R said...

I really like the second poem. My favorite line is the one about having one more glance, and taking that chance. Also the imagery that you use is very cool. Good job.